Mcdonalds

patjenkins1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was first diagnosed 12 years ago I did everything I was told to lol after myself. Despite following a low fat diet I have developed heart disease and other complications I found myself drifting away from a diabetic mind. Since joining this forum I have looked seriously at my diet and with the news that saturated fats might not be as bad as previously thought I feel I have been doing the wrong thing all the time. However I still thought I might not be ' that bad' so I took my granddaughter for a McDonald's for a treat. Had a Mcchicken sandwich meal. I felt so unwell it was unreal. Didn't test because my 3 year old granddaughter was with me. I had to eat quite a bit of fresh fruit to make myself feel better. Won't be having another McDs

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is nothing like jumping into the deep end of the pool. I would start out swapping margarine for butter

Reactions: 2 people

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Id guess that it was a combination of carbs (burger bun, fries and the batter/crumb on the burger) plus the fact your system is generally used to a "heathier" meal, I know my digestion complains if I have a food I've not eaten for a while