1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

medical procedure

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by barbiedreams, Apr 16, 2014.

1. barbiedreams

barbiedreams Type 1 · Newbie

hey guys!

random question but i thought someone on this form may be able to give me some advise on getting a boob job.

i have no idea what the complications about being a diabetic and going under general anesthetic, i know it will take me longer to heal and longer for my body to recover but is there anything else i should be aware of? ive never had general anesthetic so i have no idea about it im really lost haha
    has anyone thats a diabetic had one before or does anyone know of a diabetic who has had one before?
    ive been a diabetic for 20 years so i look after myself well, i am currently using novo rapid and levemir insulin 5 or 6 times a day.

Thankyou!!

2. Lucyturner

Lucyturner · Well-Known Member

I would be interested in the answer to this as well as I have also been thinking of doing this. I have lost approx 2st recently and what little breasts I had have now gone. My sister in law has had one and she says it's the best thing she ever did and has boosted her confidence so much. So any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. Gappy

Gappy · Well-Known Member

Much of this type of surgery is now local anaesthetic-but during consultation mention diabetes coz you'll often be first on the surgery list to minimise the effects of fasting for the op

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook