Medical Records.

Unbeliever

Does anyone know where we are up to with the new national database for patients records or failing that how long it takes hedse days for records to be ransferred from one practice to another?
I have ried to research but I work under difficulties ! Any advice?inf would be appreciated - fairly urgently if possible.
thanks

MaryJ

Hi unbeliever,

sorry don't know the answer but all my family were recently sent a letter from my practise asking if I wanted to 'opt out' of other medical professionals /depts being able to see my records.

Hopefully, bumped you back up so someone with more knowledge may know

Mary x

Unbeliever

hanks folks, I ge he general impression that nothing much has changed and hat it can still take several months depending upomn the efficiency and prompitude of those concerned. he lowest figure i have heard quoted was 6 weeks.

I was concerned about a family meber's records being suspended in the "ether " a a crucial ime.
When I changed Pracice 3 years ago - to an adjoining area i took four months . I though matters mihgt have improved.

MaryJ

there is so much inefficiency isn't there.

Shame they can't hand them to you to give to your new doc lol

Mary x

Unbeliever

MaryJ said:
there is so much inefficiency isn't there.

Shame they can't hand them to you to give to your new doc lol

Mary x

have a heart mary! Putting all those people out of work ! heaven forbid anyone should see heir own medical records without filling in all those forms! :D

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's probably all in illegible doctor-scrawl anyway ;)