1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Medication twin—anyone? [emoji23]

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by lcarter, Apr 12, 2022.

1. lcarter

lcarter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I’m an oddbod and wondered if anyone else is on what I’m on.

Metformin x 2 daily (1000mg)
    Empagflozin 25mg x 1 daily
    Atorvastatin 20mg x 1 daily

Insulin when needed

Ozempic 0.5mg weekly.

Levels still out of control and I’ve tried keto and low carb. Hoping the Ozempic works as I’m only on week 6.

Thank you

2. finzi1966

finzi1966 · Well-Known Member

Well I’m fairly similar: I’m on 1000mg metformin twice a day, dapaglifozin 5mg twice a day (same type of drug as empaglifozin), Ozempic 0.5mg weekly.

I don’t take insulin though which I guess is quite a big difference:)

(I don’t take statins, I have always refused them when offered as I am not convinced of their benefit to me).

I’ve been on Ozempic since October (the other two, much longer). I also eat low carb. I hope your levels improve soon. I have found using a Freestyle Libre very helpful. I have to self find but maybe if you are on insulin you might get one on prescription?

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook