medication ?

tezza

im type 2,back at docs today ,my bg has went from,6/7,8/6,to 8,had 2 files of blood took,to be sent for testing,general and dibetic,i was told not to worry and go back in january :? then i (might)be put on medication,now very :?

wallycorker

tezza said:
im type 2,back at docs today ,my bg has went from,6/7,8/6,to 8,had 2 files of blood took,to be sent for testing,general and dibetic,i was told not to worry and go back in january :? then i (might)be put on medication,now very :?
Hi tezza,

Have you tried cutting back on the starchy crabohydrates that you eat - i.e. cereals, bread, potatoes mainly - but also pasta and rice? That usually leads to a big and quick improvement in blood glucose levels for Type 2s. That approach certainly worked for me.

You never know it might keep you off the medications.

Best wishes - John

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Tezza

Sounds like it is time to be proactive! John is right that cutting down on the starchy carbs is the way to go. I have already started on his advice and am amazed at the quick results. l am hoping to avoid medication – not bad considering that I was told that insulin was being considered. :shock:

I have to say that I have had to be very restrictive as grains were clearly doing me in as I discovered from testing. I am now enjoying loads of veggies with my proteins and having some luscious fruit away from meal times and it seems to be working for me that way. 8)

wallycorker

Synonym said:
Hi Tezza

Sounds like it is time to be proactive! John is right that cutting down on the starchy carbs is the way to go. I have already started on his advice and am amazed at the quick results. l am hoping to avoid medication – not bad considering that I was told that insulin was being considered. :shock:

I have to say that I have had to be very restrictive as grains were clearly doing me in as I discovered from testing. I am now enjoying loads of veggies with my proteins and having some luscious fruit away from meal times and it seems to be working for me that way. 8)
Hi Synonym,

Glad to hear that things are working out for you and that I might have played some part in your improved situation.

Yes - that's what I found too - I was amazed at how quickly the improvement came. These days, I seem a million miles away fro needing to inject insulin. Twelve months ago it seemed just around the corner.

Stick with it Synonym - it's well worth doing to keep well clear the problems that come along with needing to inject insulin and of the quite horrible complications that can come a diabetic's way!

Best wishes - John

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
i John
I am hoping to amaze my family with my new svelte appearance when they come for Christmas - a welcome by-product of the effort to control the bg levels!
I had suddenly put on weight like never before so I am glad to see it coming off. I feel a shopping trip coming off in the new year and a whole new wardrobe! 8) :D

wallycorker

Enjoy the experience Synonym - I must admit that it feels good. Especially the clothes shopping but also the surprise on people's faces too when they haven't seen you for a while!

However, when I arrived back at the cricket club last April after losing weight over the winter a lot of the members feared the worst. People knew that I'd had cancer nine years ago and were asking my family "Is he OK?" That made me laugh! :D

Keep going!

John