Medtronic infusion set clamps?

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, has anybody used these? I think they came with my pump, they're small blue plastic clips of some sort I think. The instructions are useless. On one side they say 'Infusion Set Tubing Clamps' and on the other side they say 'Use as a troubleshooting tool'. What does that mean? I've tried following the picture and the clamp seems VERY tight. Thank you.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello, has anybody used these? I think they came with my pump, they're small blue plastic clips of some sort I think. The instructions are useless. On one side they say 'Infusion Set Tubing Clamps' and on the other side they say 'Use as a troubleshooting tool'. What does that mean? I've tried following the picture and the clamp seems VERY tight. Thank you.
Not to sure what you mean, so only a guess. Are they used to fit on your cannula, when in the sea,pool or having a bath or shower?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They are for 'troubleshooting if you ring them up with a problem not for everyday use
According to someone on another forum they use them for checking pressurisation issues (so I imagine that they block the tubing and should cause an alarm ) Sending them with a new pump means that they are there if needed...as long as you can remember where you put them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have used the clamps - they are to test the 'block' alarm functionality. I was unsure as to whether my alarm was working properly (after two episodes of DKA due to insulin not being delivered) so phoned Medtronic up. They took me through the procedure to test the alarm. And sure enough, it was working fine. So as Phoenix said, they are there if needed... keep them and make sure you know where they are, in case you have a problem with your pump.

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that everyone. I stupidly forgot about my post. It's good to know what they do now.