Medtronic reservoirs recall

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much for this info. I had one reservoir left from a bad box (with a bad lot number) so that meant I was using potentially bad reservoirs for about 45 days (9 X 5)! I rung them up a few weeks ago to complain of a leaking reservoir but I couldn't tell them the lot number because I'd thrown away the packaging. I'm sure now that it was one from a bad lot. This may also go some way to explaining the erratic bs numbers (and subsequent posts to this forum) I've had over the last few months. I got his bad lot of reservoirs back in March.

I think it's a little bit sly the way Medtronic call this a 'voluntary' recall and don't even offer to replace the insulin lost by anyone who decides to follow their advice and stop using the reservoirs. When I complained about the leaking reservoir they actually offered to replace the pump because some of insulin got inside my pump which seemed good of them at the time. I wish now that I could have been alerted earlier. Medtronic - please try to get it right in future!

Ladybirdy75

My resevoirs were from the affected batch/lots. Good job medtronic sent me a spare pack with the field notice they sent out. I've had no problems with them though i have to say.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App