Meetup 6, 7th of May, 2pm at http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/find-us

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Excellent venue, had a meet up here before and it is really nice, and they do a fish finger sandwich, win win!!

Reactions: 2 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't make this one I'm afraid, but I'm sure it will be another great event!! :)

Frankie48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Posting a bit early but I will be away for Easter break. Our next meet up on 7th of May at 2pm. Come along for a chat over a drink (or two ;)) with friendly group of people with type1 diabetes

Pub http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/
Map https://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=The+Star+Tavern,6+Belgrave+Mews+West,Belgravia,London,SW1X+8HT
Hi - I am new on here. I've been a Type 1 diabetic for 38 years!!! Be great to come and meet others like me. Would that be OK?
Frances

Reactions: 6 people

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey! A meet up sounds great but (and this could just be me) doesn't anyone else find it really awkward? I guess I'm just going on previous experience of someone going 'This is such and such and they have type 1 diabetes as well!' which leads to the general 'oh really? how long has it been? what insulin are you on? etc' but I never really have anything in common with them.

Like I said could just be me and as I'm coming up to a decade living with diabetes it's probably time I got out and met people ... just a bit anxious I guess! :/

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hey! A meet up sounds great but (and this could just be me) doesn't anyone else find it really awkward? I guess I'm just going on previous experience of someone going 'This is such and such and they have type 1 diabetes as well!' which leads to the general 'oh really? how long has it been? what insulin are you on? etc' but I never really have anything in common with them.

Like I said could just be me and as I'm coming up to a decade living with diabetes it's probably time I got out and met people ... just a bit anxious I guess! :/
Hiya diabetic panda :)
Really no need to be anxious, we are all in the same boat so we all have common ground. Really nice friendly bunch, come along in May, you will be glad you did I think.

DiabeticPanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya diabetic panda :)
Really no need to be anxious, we are all in the same boat so we all have common ground. Really nice friendly bunch, come along in May, you will be glad you did I think.

I think I might just do that :) ... silly question but how does it work? Do I just turn up and say Diabetes meet up please? :)

Reactions: 4 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I might just do that :) ... silly question but how does it work? Do I just turn up and say Diabetes meet up please? :)
We'll probably all be comparing blood meters - also Bri looks just like his avatar in real life ;)

Hope to see you there :)

Reactions: 6 people

Frankie48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm new too and thought I'd go because you never meet similar people with Type 1 in life - I always meet Type 2 who want to 'compare!!' See you there. :)

Reactions: 3 people