Mefenamic acid....does it go out of date?

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Right this might be a stupid question or whatever but anyway! I am on my first day of my period and it is extremely heavy and the pain is excrutiating....and it is also effecting my slipped disks in my back causing even more pain and reducing me to tears....getting to the point...I was prescribed mefenamic acid for heavy periods back in August 2013 but I stopped taking them as my periods died down but now they have started to become heavy again...I can't get an emergency appointment at the Doctor's, I just want to know whether I can take this or not???

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at the box - There should be a use by date on it, or give your chemist a call they should be able to advise you if they're ok to take. I believe that medications lose effectiveness rather than become dangerous once they're out of date, but I wouldn't advise you to take them without a professionals advise. Hope you're feeling better soon

D

Deleted member 83869

Have a look at the box - There should be a use by date on it, or give your chemist a call they should be able to advise you if they're ok to take. I believe that medications lose effectiveness rather than become dangerous once they're out of date, but I wouldn't advise you to take them without a professionals advise. Hope you're feeling better soon
There's nothing on the bottle it's just one of them brown bottles.