merguines

elainechi

help. anyone have a receipe for low carb merguines. have tried replacing sugar with sweetner but the taste is awful. please help xxx

SweetHeart

Elaine,

I have played & played with meringues, wasted a lot of eggs and various expensive sweeteners and I still haven't come up with anything remotely edible. Before my husband was diagnosed we ate Pavlova quite a lot and we really miss it - I still make them for the kids' birthdays but we end up having just the strawberries & cream. Sorry :(

Ju

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been slowly reading through the recipe thread and there was a recipe for lemon meringue pie which had a meringue recipe - haven't tried it though. Still trying to master a basic cake!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I find that using a little sugar and some Splenda or Truvia works pretty well. After all there's not much sugar in a small meringue.
Hana

SweetHeart

When you whisk egg whites until very stiff, they are full of minute bubbles. Each bubble needs a coating of melted sugar to help set it when you slowly dry the meringue out. I wish I'd known that before I wasted shedloads of eggs and sweeteners at £10.99m a kilo.

Ju