Merry Christmas!!!

Ausra

Hey, any ideas how to keep sugars down on christmas?? Mission impossible to me :D
I have visited my diabetes dietician and i've been given 'festive food suggestions from carbs &cals'..
Instead of mince pies with cream they suggest having chocolate mousse...(no for that from me :p)
or swap Christmas pudding with Brandy Cream to Fruit Salad with Creme Fraiche...(fuj fuj fuj :D )
But some ideas I will use after all, like instead of pate on toast they suggest Pumpkin & Chestnut Soup or instead of Traditional Christmas dinner to have Alternative Christmas Dinner :think: which is the same Traditional Christmas Dinner!!! but without yorkshire pudding, sausage+bacon rolls and stuffing..oh..and no cranberry sauce :cry:
(We are saving on fat instead of carbs this Christmas :thumbup: )
or houmous instead of cheese and vegetables instead of biscuits(that will save you from carbs)..

Anyways, just wanted to wish you all Merry Christmas!
but if you have any ideas about Christmas and Dinner please share :D

Elc1112

I'm sure a lot of people will shoot mr down for saying this, but... Christmas is the one day of the year where I just thing to hell with the diabetes. Few new units than usual and bring on the carbs. Enjoy it, that's what I say! X

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals
I'm with you on that. Started last night with pitta stuffed with chicken tiikka, my special hot tomato sauce, and salad. Followed by carrot cake and choc Brazil nuts Still only at 6.5 bs this morning, and 2 hours after toast and coffee was down to 5.2. Just need to avoid the mince pies, they really make me spike.