Meter limits

caver_tim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So i tried to show another diabetic consultant my meter today only to be told that it only went back to mid Jan and so he could not sign me off.
Given thats the only meter i have i thought that was odd. We now think that the Caresens N has a limited mount of memory and the number of test results exceed that so its recycling memory.
I have to see him again in a months time to show him the next month.

My license ran out in November last year.
If you have this meter and you have a DVLA medical coming up, it may be worth getting another meter and swapping every month

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
The minimum they need to see is 3 months worth. If you speak to your DSN they should be able to provide one with larger memory. I know the Wavesense Jazz, Glucomen LX and RX Nexus definitely do as I've had them. There are numerous others too.

caver_tim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
NHS cost cutting sadly
All diabetics in Sheffield now have the same meter type to save costs / the meter sales rep gives a good lunch

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Have you tried explaining the DVLA doc needs 90 days worth of testing ? I did and that's how mine was changed. Give it a go, nothing to lose !

caver_tim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having just spoken to the UK distributors it seems it can only cope with storing 500 readings.
They will supply a USB data cable for free, so in future, may be able to print out each month's readings and take along the last 3 months.
This is assuming that the DVLA don't demand seeing them on the meter to avoid fraud.

4 months with an expired license and counting.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Having just spoken to the UK distributors it seems it can only cope with storing 500 readings.
They will supply a USB data cable for free, so in future, may be able to print out each month's readings and take along the last 3 months.
This is assuming that the DVLA don't demand seeing them on the meter to avoid fraud.

4 months with an expired license and counting.
I tried that and mine wanted the actual meter. Try asking your DSN.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Aviva expert has a 1000 test memory
Contour USB has a 2000 memory
New contour next says it stores 3 months results

Or simply get a second meter or your existing type use one for a few weeks then the other and give both to the consultant

caver_tim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well for now he's happy that he's seen the last two months so i'll seem him again in a month to get that signed off.
by then I should have the USB lead from the manufacturers and can ask him if he'd accept just being able to see the history printed out or if he needs to read it off the meter.

"Caresens N POP" has a 1000 reading memory , so if it takes the same strips that i can get prescribed then that might be an option

kengreen

I tried that and mine wanted the actual meter. Try asking your DSN.

I use the Caresens N POP and it does use the same strip - I have also been sent information showing that it has new data showing it is accurate to new standards from last year, which not many meters are.

You can get a free one from Spirit Healthcare on their customer service number.