Meter readings

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, does anyone know if hot weather can adversely affect the bg meters? I am on holiday in Tenerife at the moment and the weather is very warm - mid 80s.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i would expect most, if not all meters to be tested and produced to some kind of European standard etc that allows them to function in higher temperatures but I suppose its not impossible...........

it may be more likely the heat is affecting your body........;)

Reactions: 2 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which way are the readings - lower or higher?

Hot weather, alcohol and different food and exercise can all effect levels.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly Denise they are higher and normally when we are away they are lower. However Ihave been experiencing a lot of problems trying to control my sugars for the past year partly due to the grief of losing our 37 year old foster daughter to secondary breast cancer and my fight to appeal level with the DWP regarding sickness benefit. Before we came away I had started to get improved numbers but now am all over the place again. When we came to Tenerife, partly my own fault, my insulin was out of a fridge for 27 hours and am just hoping that isnt contributing!! I think I just need to ride the tide as we are over here for 4 weeks and then get beck to some sort of normality when we get home.

Thank you for your comments, I do also think it is probably the heat affecting my body rather than a problem with the machine.