Meters differ

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi , diagnosed (type 2) about a month ago and am getting to grips with the whole thing, I wanted to monitor my blood levels so applied for several free meters and got 2 the first a Glucomen LX meter and the second a Freestyle Lite, OK I thought one for home and one for work.

However checked my Blood last night with the Glucomen and got 5.8 and then immediately used the Freestyle and got 7.4

As you can imagine I was not too happy. :?

I will continue to use the Glucomen as it looks to be a better quality but any advice will be welcome

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
Meters can be + or - 20% and still be within tolerance they are just an indication.
If you have any doubts please request some calibration fluid from the maker and check the calibration.
regards
Derek

mfactor said:
Hi , diagnosed (type 2) about a month ago and am getting to grips with the whole thing, I wanted to monitor my blood levels so applied for several free meters and got 2 the first a Glucomen LX meter and the second a Freestyle Lite, OK I thought one for home and one for work.

However checked my Blood last night with the Glucomen and got 5.8 and then immediately used the Freestyle and got 7.4

As you can imagine I was not too happy. :?

I will continue to use the Glucomen as it looks to be a better quality but any advice will be welcome

garythegob

i have 2 meters as well, the bayer contour next usb and the bayer contour XT, and i test those at the same time, the usb gave me a bg reading of 6.5mmol, the xt gave me 6.7mmol, so am quite happy with the bayer company machines!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App