Metformin and digestion

WhatNotToEat

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place but I need clarification.
I had an endoscopy today to test for coeliac disease and had to fast for 6 hours.
I was told I still had food in my stomach despite this, so they're on about changing my medication.
Does Metformin aid digestion then and what are they likely to do?
Thanks for any help.

What Not To Eat
www.facebook.com/WhatNotToEat
Uniting those with coeliac disease, diabetes and gluten sensitivity.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Before I was diagnosed and put on Metformin I had painful gastric symptoms and had to have a gastroscopy which showed that I had extensive gastritis, hiatus hernia, Schiatski ring. I was given Omeprazole which helped a lot. But not until my diabetes was diagnosed and I went on Metformin did I feel my gastric symptoms improve a lot more.

I don't know if Metformin aids digestion, but it does curb my appetite which has the knock on effect of giving my poor stomach a well earned rest. I rarely have gastric pain and have cut the Omeprazole down to 20mg a day instead of 40mg. I've also had a miraculous 'almost cure' of my asthma. I was wheezing so much I needed to walk with sticks 8 months ago. Now I don't need my inhaler unless I intend walking a mile or so.

I'm not sure if it's the change in diet that's done all this (LCHF) or the Metformin but my diabetes diagnosis is the best thing that happened to me.

Hope that helps. :)