1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Metformin SR

Discussion in 'Metformin/Biguanides' started by ShyGirl, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ShyGirl

ShyGirl · Well-Known Member

How much does 750 SR metformin bring levels down? On average I mean?
    I

2. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi

Perhaps you need to be having a medication review with your health care professional. For instance, there are alternatives to the proton pump inhibitor that you mentioned if you are still having problems related to stomach acid. I have acid relfux and it is controlled very well by omeprazole.

Regards

Doug

3. ShyGirl

ShyGirl · Well-Known Member

I've been going around in circles with medics' for years so it would be pointless asking them and i'm on new meds anyway.

I'll stop it from Sunday and see what happens as can't live like this again and hopefully my other meds will cover me.

4. ))Denise((

))Denise(( Type 2 · Well-Known Member

As far as I know, a maximum dose of metformin 2000 mg a day reduces levels by 1 -2 mmol/l. If you are not taking this med then you may want to eat as few carbs as possible so that your levels don't rise that much.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook