metsol

icedgem32

Dislikes
spiders , injections
hi i am type 2 and have just started taking metsol solution i have been taking it for 3 days i had a bit of a tummy ache but last night i could not stop peeing so i drunk lots of water didnt go to sleep untill 6 in the morning have stopped peeing now but when i woke up i didnt feel to good i am feeling flushed and hot like i have a cold coming but with out the cold could this be the meds any help please thanks faye

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I had't come across metformin as a solution before.Do you know why you were rescribed it in this form rather than the usual pills?
Metformin can definitely cause "tummy Grumblies". How easy is it to get the dose right?
Were you advised when to take it? With meals seems to cause the least trouble and most people adapt to it after a while.

icedgem32

Dislikes
spiders , injections
i ask for met sol as i cant take tablets ( baby) i feel i cant swallow them so he gave me this i take it after meals twice aday

Trinkwasser

May be worth trying to take it *with* the meal, and avoiding carbs at the same time. If that doesn't work try reducing the dose, then bringing it back up more slowly. The effect tends to wear off over time.

icedgem32

Dislikes
spiders , injections
i dont have many carbs i only have potatoes on sunday and i dont have pasta or rice and i i did have pasta i have the low carb stuff and low carb ceral i just wondered can metformin make you pee alot and make you have hot flashes many thanks faye

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Peeing a lot and hot flushes could mean your blood sugar levels are up.Do you test you blood to see what the levels are?