Microalbuminuria

chazelder

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I could really do with an answer on this as I'm worried sick.

does Microalbuminuria cause urine infections?

I've had constant urine infections for the last 5-6 months

C

catherinecherub

Hi chazelder,
Have had a read through your posts and see that you cannot monitor your blood sugar levels due to reluctance from GP and costs involved from providing your own.
Your UTI's may well be because of high blood sugar levels and this cycle will continue until you understand what your levels are and how to improve them.
I did see somewhere that someone phoned Bayer and said that they had been recommended by a friend. They were sent a meter and 50 strips. This might work for you. It would be a start.
Try explaining to your GP about how the UTI's are effecting you and ask if he would let you have strips until this is cleared up. Might work?

Hope this helps,

Catherine.

chazelder

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Catherine thanks for your reply a kind gentleman on here called chris has sent me a meter and strips he doesnt use so hopefully i can get things under control i really need to do something the UTI's are really wearing me down after 5-6 months of near constant pain thanks again

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
chazelder said:
Hi Catherine thanks for your reply a kind gentleman on here called chris has sent me a meter and strips he doesnt use so hopefully i can get things under control i really need to do something the UTI's are really wearing me down after 5-6 months of near constant pain thanks again
Chris is short for Christine :oops: Therefore I think I am female :mrgreen:

chazelder

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
oh ****** sorry christine xxx i have a habit of not reading things properly