Migraines

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
Hi all, I know this problem isn't related to diabetes but I just wondered if anyone on this forum suffers from migraines? I've had two attacks in the last two weeks where I haven't been able to get out of bed or lift my head because of the pain. I find it difficult to drink let alone eat and find it difficult to even reach my insulin. I'm not able to see my GP until next friday and would just like a bit of advice really. :cry:

KimSuzanne

I used to get migraines all the time same as you couldn't get out of bed, open the curtains or usually surface from under the duvet for hours. The best advice I can give is look at what your eating see if anything specific can be a trigger, sounds odd but also soap powder,lightbulbs changed ? a higher wattage in your house or work, strip lights an also trigger an attack, perfume change recently anything like that can trigger a migraine. Try to find the common denominator. Hope this helps some

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Do you eat cheese ,nuts ,chocolate ,strawberries.These are the common ones.Are you under more stress than usual at work or home?If it affecting you so badly you need to see your doctor who can prescibe something for it.
How is your eyesight? needing glasses can also bring on migraines.

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
Thanks for the replies. I've been to see my GP and we went through a list of common trigers but couldn't find any. She was able to prescribe some medication just incase I have another attack, but hopefully not! I had a bleed in my eye over the weekend and was seen at the eye hospital but was told that they wouldn't be a trigger? Generally feeling ok/normal(?) Hopefully it won't happen again and I wont be stuck in bed all day missing out on this glorious weather. :D

pkpk

Hiya sugarpie
I had to deal with migraines for years and years really bad ones, then one day i read in a magazine that this person had taken coffee and cheese out of there diet and the migraines stopped.Guess what i did the same and mine stopped,after two years i slowly started to eat cheese again and the odd coffee and now i am ok with both, but i do try not to have to much. pkpk

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
Thanks pkpk, I dont eat cheese but I have cut right back on the coffee, and guess what? No migraines! I am not sure if it is related to coffee as on one occaision I woke during the night with an attack and on the other it was nearly 24hours after drinking coffee. Anyway I am sticking to the green tea from now on so thanks for the advice. What I would like to know is do migraines come on even if you've be drinking and eating the triggers all your life? I've drank coffee for about 10years but its only now that these blasted things have started to occur.
Sorry to go on a bit :lol:

pkpk

HIYA sugar pie
I myself dont get migraines any more, i could have a cheese sandwich and a coffee everyday and i would be ok,that two year gap of not eating them did me good. If i drinck two much then yes i will get a hangover,but i try to drinck plenty of water.I have friends who cannot drinck coffee or cheese without getting some sort of a problem. Maybe sometimes we need to leave some foods alone for a while. Sleepwell, dont worry, and drinck plenty of WATER.
And see if that does the trick.

Best of luck pkpk :)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I haven't had a migraine or indeed a headache since I passed 'that' age! :lol: So I guess mine were very hormone related.

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
Try the White Tea, even better than green and less of a diuretic effect.