milk

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a few mugs of tea at my friend's this morning. She uses organinc skimmed milk and I only have a tiny bit. This affects my stomach a bit but not too much . Today I only had a tiny bit until the last mug when she put a bit more than usual. I thought it would be fine but could only manage half of it before I felt really sick. My stomach has been iffy ever since and feels like it used to when I ate carbs - bloated and gurggling noises. I might take my own milk in future.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Is organic a problem?

(edit - I'm assuming it's pasteurised etc?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
I had a few mugs of tea at my friend's this morning. She uses organinc skimmed milk and I only have a tiny bit. This affects my stomach a bit but not too much . Today I only had a tiny bit until the last mug when she put a bit more than usual. I thought it would be fine but could only manage half of it before I felt really sick. My stomach has been iffy ever since and feels like it used to when I ate carbs - bloated and gurggling noises. I might take my own milk in future.
Did you watch the embarrassing bodies program when they done the milk test most people when they get to adult hood cannot tolerate it,they made 5 people drink some and said within an hour after drinking most people will have to make a quick dash to the loo I love milk but do not drink as much now.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So the question is, what's special about the op's milk, as I drink skimmed mllk all the time.

C

chris lowe

You'll find skimmed milk has higher carbs that full fat, maybe that was a problem? Hope you sort it out. Nothing worse than feeling sick.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You'll find skimmed milk has higher carbs that full fat, maybe that was a problem? Hope you sort it out. Nothing worse than feeling sick.

But it's point nothing of a gram in a cupful, so a dash in a cup of tea wouldn't be noticed. I agree there is less fat, but you wolud never notice the carbs in reality.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Sounds like your lactose intolerance, best to avoid foods that contain lactose and see if that helps your stomach.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The aversion to milk is more common than being lactose intolerant. Like myself, the the thought of milk going into my mouth makes me want to vomit!
But I love the flavour of full fat yoghurt!! Go figure?
@aqualung do you have problems with butter or cheese?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Shame you may be intolerant to milk. I drink a fair bit of it as I love the flavour.