Missing posts etc...........

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Just thought that it might have been a great idea to have explained that there was to be a spring clean of all posts BEFORE it happened, for greater clarity and understanding.
Also, a suggestion to cut down on duplications that take up space- when a new member posts their intro, invariably they get the 'advice for new members' spiel. Could the forum perhaps lock in that advice as a separate thread and just welcome the newby and point them to the thread. Must take up a lot of space repeating that chunk.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
As the cleaning up of old threads etc is an on going thing on this forum going back for quite a while it has been explained several times, as a newish member you may have missed some of the other explanation posts.

Sugarless Sue.
Forum Monitor.

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
The only explanation of deletions I remember reading over the last 12 months were in the clean up of the Success Stories and I think that it is good to have a more compact thread there.
I totally understand deletions of inactive threads. Posts with inappropriate or misleading advice might also be deleted instantly. Perhaps it goes beyond these.
Were there other statements made by the Mods or whomever responsible about pending clean-ups of the forum in the last 12 months I might have missed?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
clearviews.
There are many things that take place on this Forum behind the scenes. Deletions/editing/moving of posts and cleaning of threads, removing spam etc are just part and parcel of the Monitor's and Moderator's tasks.

As stated here previously this is something that is not usually up for discussion, but in this instance it has been explained fully by the Moderation Team for the reasons given in that post.

It helps to keep the board running smoothly and more quickly for the benefit of all our members. Something I am sure we all appreciate.

cugila
Forum Monitor

C

catherinecherub

Cannot see what all the fuss is about.
I too have lost posts but in the words of Catherine Tate, "Am I bovvered?" No I am not. The mods and monitors here are doing a great job and why people feel the need to question them and write posts about them on other forums in a derogatory fashion is childish.
The work that the mods and monitors do is unpaid, time consuming and for the benefit of all diabetics. They go that extra mile to find out anything and everything that people ask and provide links. It must be disheartening for them to have to put up with unnecessary criticism. If you have a problem there is always the p.m. system.
Some people need to get a life.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
If users, especially the newbies learned to use the "search" facility (top right hand corner of the page) and enter the word or topic they are about to post about BEFORE they actually submit a post, there would be far fewer duplicate threads in the first place and therefore much less need to merge threads, delete posts, etc.