Moderator nominations for 2016 (Nominations close: 31/1/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We're looking to expand the team of moderators (ideally with at least 5 new mods) as the membership has grown rapidly over the last 12 months. As discussed in the thread below, it would be great to have a range of moderators in terms of age, type of diabetes, country, experience, etc.

If you would like to nominate any potential moderators or would like to nominate yourself, please do so below!

Currently nominated are: *list updated: 26/1/16*

@Robbity
@britishpub
@pleinster
@Winnie53
@nosher8355
@Enclave
@Spiker
@Bluetit1802
@Robinredbreast
@zand
@sanguine
@Brunneria
@13lizanne
@Tim55
@SamJB
@AndBreathe
@Jaylee
@tim2000s
@Diamattic
@DeejayR
@mrspuddleduck
@Mongolia
@Chook
@Andrew Colvin
@Sucre Bleu
@Dillinger
@Avocado Sevenfold
@Indy51
@himtoo
@donnellysdogs
@ewelina
@Totto
@poshtotty
@DavidGrahamJones
@urbanracer
@lovinglife
@Yorksman
@Juicyj
@tigger
@Mep

If anyone has been missed from the list, please re-tag them!

Hey, I've just been tagged, what is this?

For anyone tagged who is thinking 'hey, what's this?' - you've been nominated as a potential moderator! :)

Nominations will close on 31/1 and then nominee apps will be collected (we'll PM/email you and let you know too), reviewed (history, length of membership, warnings, bans, etc - we'll discuss this with you, too) and the official vote for new moderators is *scheduled* for Feb 8 - to close on 29/2.

Being nominated for a mod position is a compliment - it reflects the support, compassion and positivity you bring to this community - a community that is helping people get better, simply by talking to each other.

I'm not sure I want to be a mod: If you do *not* want to be put forward as a potential moderator, that is totally not a problem. Please write on the thread below or PM @Giverny / @Administrator know and your nomination will not be included.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do we need to check with members first prior to nominating, @Administrator ?

Do you have any sort of procedure in place for selection after nominations?

Perhaps it would help if we were given a better understanding of what sort of commitment is required too.

Reactions: 3 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Do we need to check with members first prior to nominating, @Administrator ?

Do you have any sort of procedure in place for selection after nominations?

Perhaps it would help if we were given a better understanding of what sort of commitment is required too.

We're taking nominations - and then will proceed to ask the nominated whether they'd like to be a mod.
Some people can't commit time, so once the discussion has been had, the idea was to put it up for a vote (if there are more than 5 that would like to be mods)! :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're taking nominations - and then will proceed to ask the nominated whether they'd like to be a mod.
Some people can't commit time, so once the discussion has been had, the idea was to put it up for a vote (if there are more than 5 that would like to be mods)! :)
Thank you.
Please do not rush this, and leave nominations open for a week or two. Give time for as many members as possible to be involved.

I can think of some excellent candidates, but several haven't posted for a while.

Reactions: 3 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What are the hours..??!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought @Spiker was a moderator !!!! well he gets my vote

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Spiker my full on respect & vote.. But he's been somewhat preoccupied recently.?! I hope he's in good health..

Reactions: 7 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@Administrator Are these new mods incremental to the existing group or replacing (perhaps) some who've decided to retire?

And no ..... not putting my hand up :)

Reactions: 2 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't that rather a waste of your time surely it would be simpler just to ask that if anyone is interested in becoming a moderator to let you know then put it to a draw which would be fairer if there are more applicants than positions

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
I'd like to nominate @zand who I think is always kind, fair and reasoned and is interested in solutions. Although she does support Arsenal so is not perfect...

Reactions: 17 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol thanks so much @Dillinger.

I think it's a shame that we have lost a couple of good mods in the past. I'd like to see @mo1905 back here as a mod. He was always fair, consistent, open and unbiased.

Before I go @sanguine would make a great mod too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.