Mood Swings

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes :p
I've recently started trying to get my head down with my diabetes after having a bit of a "burnout".

The past few days my bloods haven't gone over 7.0

However, when my bm's are around 4.5 - 6.0 I've noticed i've been very snappy and irritable.
Not just constantly though, one minute i've been happy and quite motivated. Then the next i'm either emotional & teary, or irritable and angry.

not aggressive, just your typica sort of 'moody'.

Has anyone (or know of anyone) who has affects on their emotions/moods in conjuction with their blood sugar levels?

Thanks for reading. x​

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hypoglycaemic is a little bit subjective, and if you have been running high blood sugars for a long time and then get them down to effectively near normal levels, you might get some mild hypo symptoms for a while, such as being snappy and irritable - classic.

This should sort itself out in a week or so of maintaining these newer, better, lower BG levels.

Well done you for getting your head down and really getting some good results. Go girl! (as we say here on Craggy Island).

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
I've recently started trying to get my head down with my diabetes after having a bit of a "burnout".

The past few days my bloods haven't gone over 7.0

However, when my bm's are around 4.5 - 6.0 I've noticed i've been very snappy and irritable.
Not just constantly though, one minute i've been happy and quite motivated. Then the next i'm either emotional & teary, or irritable and angry.

not aggressive, just your typica sort of 'moody'.

Has anyone (or know of anyone) who has affects on their emotions/moods in conjuction with their blood sugar levels?

Thanks for reading. x​
It's difficult to say because we're all so different, but I tend to get like that when mine go high, or if it's that time of the month....or maybe it just depends which direction the wind is blowing. Have you noticed these symptoms yourself when you've been running lower BG, or is it completely new to you?

Good on you for achieving some fab results, keep it up :)

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi! Initially, when my blood sugars were hitting the normal range---I felt the same----felt irritable and crabby whereas when my sugars were high, I felt relaxed. I think your body isn't used to the "normal" sugars, it got used to the high readings. The body will adapt after awhile. Nowadays, I feel okay with a reading of 3.9-4.5 to. 5. Before it used to give me headaches! :D

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just wanted to post and say well done getting your stuff together to getting your BG on track.
From what is posted by others here that have let it slide. It can seem like a mountain to climb, to test and take their insulin.
so well done again

Reactions: 2 people

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you for all the lovely stuff said! I think it probably is the blood sugars coming down.
I've also had some terrible migraines that pain killers aren't helping. All day, but i'm sure these will go as soon as i'm used to it.

Random test, 6.0! Proud moment, even texted my mum! :D

Reactions: 4 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Yay, well done hun. I'm sure your body will treat you more kindly once your BG settles down, but I'm sure you know what to do if it doesn't, or gets worse. Sorry, mother hen kicking in here LOL

6's though? That's fabulous! Let's have some virtual cake to celebrate! :smug:

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cake and cookies and chocolate and lots of sugary fizzy drinks! Yumyumyum

Reactions: 4 people