more than 41 years and still haven't figured this out

CearaRed1073

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
onions, cheeseburgers, diabetes, colors of red, yellow, and orange, houston (too big and WAY too much traffic, not nearly enough public transportation)
just got lab results from yesterday back, and my A1c was 6.4, which doesn't surprise me considering i spent more than a week off my pump because of not being able to get my pump supplies, thanks to changing health insurance companies (yes, i live in the US), and woke up on the first day screaming bloody murder due to a perilously low glucose reading (likely somewhere in the 20s, never did test it, but i bit my mother's finger after she stuffed skittles into my mouth, which while i didn't mean to do it, i was just a tiny bit happy about).

my last endocrinologist would have changed a whole mess of pump settings after this, but because i changed health insurance in january, i also had to change doctors...don't get me started on this...and i'm not sure what the new one will say. of course, it doesn't help matters that this appointment will be a televisit either. as with so many things, i was given no choice in the matter.

i'm still walking almost every day, which is another reason for the close to normal A1c. guess i will make 50 in August after all, but hopefully, that will actually something to celebrate after this past year of total chaos (mine started in november 2017, ramped up in August 2019, and shows no sign of stopping any time soon...:::SIGH:::)

Reactions: jackthejoker