Morning BSLs

garrycrone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wonder if someone could help with a bit of advice. I have been diagnosed T2 for about 6 yrs now and up until the last 18 mths, my BSLs have been quite reasonable and my HbA1C has been about 6.5. Twelve months ago that hit about 7.5 and my most recent was 9.8. My diabetic nurse (not the best source of care in the world) changed my medication from 2 Metformin a day, to three (one after each meal) and then following the 9.8 reading, 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I have commenced regular testing again (at least I got some strips out of them) and have restricted my carbs; not hugely and nowhere near the "low-carbers" but enough to make a difference in my 1hr and 2hr post-prandial BSLs. I do get a few spikes now and again however, my problem is in the mornings. I am always in and around the 9 figure, usually towards the top-end. My usual bed-time reading is often 6.5 or maybe 7 so I am totally confused as to what is going on. More importantly, what I can do about it. I was interested to read a post in the forum regarding exercise before bed; sadly both the wife and I are often too tired during the week but that's a different story.......

Seriously, any help or guidance would be most appreciated,

Many thanks 8)