Motivation

Michik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, im 16 years old and im thinking of going to gym. But I dont have motivation to do that. I have some friends that work out regularly but Im not a type of that sports guy. My excuse is something like: im tired, i dont have enough time, ive got a lot of days to go in for. Id really like to start healthy "new life".
Unfortunately, Ive fallen in love with the girl from my class. The problem is that Im very emotional and this feeling is like sine graph- goes up and down. Sometimes I like her a lot, she is beautiful but some days I think that this emotion has no sense. We meet everyday but I see that there is no hope. I cant catch up with her. Thats why I want to sign up for gym. To let me forget about that because I dont see myself in this relationship.
The next reason is, of course, raising self confidence. I could get in a good shape, become more fit, fit in with new clothes and generally get more handsome.

M

mist

Your inner beauty is worth much more than any outward appearance. But if you want to get in shape for the reasons you mention above such as confidence then you just have to set yourself realistic goals.

You don't need to go to the gym to get a good workout. Your also young still and you are likely still developing so you need to exercise sensibly or risk injury.

Moderate cardio combined with healthy eating will yield the best results.

I don't recommend intense weight training at your age.