Mouth ulcer :(

Twinks

So for the past week iv had a mouth ulcer in the inside of my bottom lip iv been using bonjela but it just keeps getting bigger and painful i cant get to a doctor till 3rd of November, has anyone got any advice?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not advice exactly but my surgery has a practice nurse with whom it is much easier to get an appointment. She is a Sister in her other job and has the authority to prescribe. In addition she seems to have time to listen.

Do you have to see a doctor? Ask if there is someone else you can see. Once through the door all sorts of priorities change.

Twinks

I saw the nurse yesterday as iv just swoped surgery nd she i asked her nd she sed to ask the doctor when i see him to discuse my medication

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not too sure, but I wonder if this is something that your Dentist might be able to help with, it might be worth ringing the dental surgery and asking.

Reactions: 2 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diabetics are prone to mouth/gum infections. I get them occasionally. I always get an antibacterial mourthwash (not all of them are antibac, so make sure you buy the right one) and it clears within a couple of days.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
I've always found that a teaspoon of salt dissolved in a glass of warm water does the trick for mouth ulcers - don't swallow it (tastes horrible) just swish it around and spit it out.

Reactions: 6 people

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A new toothbrush might be a good idea also

Twinks

Ended up at the same day health centre thnx to my boss as she thought it was infected prescribed corsydol mouth wash still have a teeny weeny ucler but its a thousand times better