1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Mouth ulcer :(

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Twinks, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Twinks

Twinks · Well-Known Member

So for the past week iv had a mouth ulcer in the inside of my bottom lip iv been using bonjela but it just keeps getting bigger and painful i cant get to a doctor till 3rd of November, has anyone got any advice?

2. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

Not advice exactly but my surgery has a practice nurse with whom it is much easier to get an appointment. She is a Sister in her other job and has the authority to prescribe. In addition she seems to have time to listen.

Do you have to see a doctor? Ask if there is someone else you can see. Once through the door all sorts of priorities change.

3. Twinks

I saw the nurse yesterday as iv just swoped surgery nd she i asked her nd she sed to ask the doctor when i see him to discuse my medication

4. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Not too sure, but I wonder if this is something that your Dentist might be able to help with, it might be worth ringing the dental surgery and asking.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SamJB

SamJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Diabetics are prone to mouth/gum infections. I get them occasionally. I always get an antibacterial mourthwash (not all of them are antibac, so make sure you buy the right one) and it clears within a couple of days.

6. logindetails

logindetails Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've always found that a teaspoon of salt dissolved in a glass of warm water does the trick for mouth ulcers - don't swallow it (tastes horrible) just swish it around and spit it out.

• Like Like x 6
  7. supp

supp Type 1 · Active Member

Dose up on Vit B12 ;)

8. Blue2

Blue2 · Active Member

Try Frador for mouth ulcers and gum sores. I have used it for years and it's brilliant.

9. cally

cally Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A new toothbrush might be a good idea also

10. Twinks

Ended up at the same day health centre thnx to my boss as she thought it was infected prescribed corsydol mouth wash still have a teeny weeny ucler but its a thousand times better

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook