Mouth ulcers

Elc1112

I've been really run down recently and have developed several ulcers on my tongue and mouth. Incredibly painful and uncomfortable. Anyway, I've been treating them with over the counter stuff. It's been 14 days now and they are not getting better. In fact, I've developed two brand new ones in the last week! I've got a GP appointment in Thursday but was just wondering if anybody else had suffered from these. I can't help thinking that my diabetes is slowing the healing but I am getting very fed up of this now!!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi,Elc1112 :)
Thursday is quite a long time to get this sorted out.
My wife (not diabetic like me) has just got similar mouth ulcers.

Her doctor gave her some type of cream that worked wonders.

Also avoid hot drinks.

Roy. :)

Elc1112

Thanks Roy,

Thursday is, unfortunately, the earliest appointment that I can get. I've been using ambesol (spelling!) and that is helping to numb things, but they are still a pain!

I'm avoiding hot drinks and anything salty or acidy. Also trying to eat like warm food rather than hot.

Hoping the doctor might be able to give me something stronger or suggest something else :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I woke up with one on Friday morning. Have been swilling with Corsodyl Daily mouth wash - a bit of a stingy treatment :shock: but it seems to have gone now.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi Elc1112 .

I had these 'until' got my diabetes under better control ...
They stopped after changing my insulin and getting things under control more .
So whether this is key to reducing or getting rid of them I am not sure ?
But in my case - it certainly worked :thumbup:

Anna.