Moving back to the UK

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After 15 years of living in Spain we are finally moving back to the UK in January . 3 years ago when I suffered 2 Strokes and was diagnosed with diabetes I began to get uneasy about the thought of dying in a foreign country and with this is mind we last year put our villa on the market and yesterday contracts were exchanged and now there is no way to change our minds. We have been very happy in Spain life has been good but I feel we need to be closer to our children who both live in the UK and look forward to spending more time with them. So busy getting dogs rabies jabs up to date so they can travel with us, so much to do and don't mention packing finding things not seen for years !

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Connie......you will need lots of warm clothes it's freezing where I am today. It will be so good for you to be back with family won't it? I haven't unpacked everything from my last house move yet......that was 16 years ago. How's the hip?

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exciting times! Lots to do, yes, but still good fun, and you'll still have a toe-hold in Spain as you know it so well and like it so much. Good luck with the packing! (Sorry, shouldn't have mentioned it! )

Reactions: 2 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh Connie......you will need lots of warm clothes it's freezing where I am today. It will be so good for you to be back with family won't it? I haven't unpacked everything from my last house move yet......that was 16 years ago. How's the hip?
Hi Zand nice to hear from you . Yes I am looking forward to wearing a coat I bought 3 years ago and never worn!
I have 2 grandchildren I rarely see so now is the time for getting involved more . I think we both felt it was the right time to go and funnily enough before we sold my husband sold his business as it was getting to much for him and the following week we sold the house so it was meant to be !
Hip doing ok but made my knee play up as walking put a strain on it so you can't win ! Hope you are doing well on your new tablets you sound really positive these days xx

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Connie the tablets are wonderful but the counselling is even better :)

Reactions: 4 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes Connie the tablets are wonderful but the counselling is even better :)
So glad things are working for you at last . Might need counselling myself after this move ! So much to think about !

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Being near your children and grandchildren sounds wonderful Connie.Exciting times ahead even if I suspect, after 15 years a part of you will always miss Spain.

Guess you'll have lots of hugs from the grandchildren to keep you warm in winter now!

Pavlos

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes lots to look forward to but still very sad to leave Spain . I have spent many years here in my younger days before I got married running Water ski school on the Costa Blanca. So many happy memories x

C

chris lowe

Welcome back for January, hope the move goes well. Packing up is a good way to have a clear out and get rid of those things you never knew you had and let's face it,if you didn't know you had it you probably don't need it. I think my new year resolution for next year is to clear out the loft and get rid of MiL's royal albert country roses, my grandma's tea set, a hideous vase we had as a wedding present.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck Connie, hope the move back goes well.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck Connie. A very wise decision if I may say so. There is nothing like family and being close to them.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck Connie. A very wise decision if I may say so. There is nothing like family and being close to them.
Thanks Bluetit I know the time is right for us to go and we have made the right decision . It will be lovely to spend more time with the grandchildren they don't know us very well so hopefully that will change x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which part of the uk are you coming too?
Not a cold wet windy bit, I hope! ;)