Moving Pump Forum?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Administrator Has offered to move this Pump forum so it comes under Type 1 in the forum list rather than way down near the bottom.

Can pump users or those interested in pumps let us know your thoughts on that?

Tagging a few pump users to start us off @CarbsRok @Gaz-M @zoze_j @tigger and all the others plus anyone else who'd like to give their opinion :)

Reactions: 9 people

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
Yay! Liking this muchly :D:D:D

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
it does seem to make sense in terms of the relationship between pumping and type 1 to have it close by the type 1 section

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi @Administrator would you consider actually moving the forum so it is visible under the type 1 forum rather than contained within it so it shows up when looking down the menu? Thank you.

iHs

Personally, it doesnt bother me where the Pump section is but let's not forget that its not only Type 1 diabetics that get access to pumps, Type 2s who use insulin can also get one if a consultant thinks it would be of benefit and there's also Type 3 folk who have had their pancreas removed who get access.

irrationalJohn

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Administrator would you consider actually moving the forum so it is visible under the type 1 forum rather than contained within it so it shows up when looking down the menu? Thank you.
Yes, you don't want your administration details to somehow imply that only T1s use the pump. There are also T2s who use it.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Maybe my fault for not specifying exactly what 'under' I meant! Language can be ambiguous!

@Administrator Some members had requested that the pump forum be moved up the list of forums so that it was closer to the Type 1 forum in the list of forums. Then someone asked that it could be listed below the Type 1 forum in the list? So perhaps I should have specified 'under'' as in 'underneath' rather than 'part of'.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ah, sure - we can pull that out so it's in the first block of forums? Will move it now, let us know if you want it re-moved?

Update: It's been moved into the first block of forums - if you'd like it moved elsewhere, just let us know!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
@Administrator please could it be placed below the type 1 forum on the menu as then any type 2 pumpers can see it as well as sandwiched nicely between the two forums. Thank you.