Discussion MultiPepT1De study

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been asked to sign up for this new study being run by King's College London - has anyone else taken a look?

The details are online at http://www.multipeptide.co.uk/ but, from what I understand, they are hoping that by injecting peptides found from the pancreatic beta cells we can "re-train" the immune system to stop it targeting beta cells for destruction. As such, it's a study that is especially useful for those of us who are newly diagnosed and in the "honeymoon" phase of still producing our own insulin.

Sounds like a great new development and research area. I'm approaching my one year Diabeteversary but still seem to be honeymooning, so the thought that this could help prolong it is very exciting!

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds great doesn't it. Unfortunately I did not fit the criteria. It's one study that I would have been inclined to be a part of though. It's an amazing thing to be able to help research, and even more of a bonus if you might see some positive results.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sounds very promising and encouraging, but I'm a couple of decades out, too long in the tooth now :rolleyes: ;) Good luck and all the very best.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I understand that most already know of the trial going on I just wanted to highlight that recruitment is still going on for the trial at Guys

A trial has begun in London of an immunotherapy treatment aimed at halting the progression of type 1 diabetes.
Twenty-four volunteers are being recruited for the study in the Biomedical Research Centre at Guy's hospital.

They are still recruiting for this trial

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35847271

Last edited by a moderator: