Muscle Atrophy

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I noticed a few month back that the base of my right thumb muscle was starting to waste away and had some electrical impulse tests done at the hospital, the consultant said on the day that I had severe nerve damage to both my hands and my feet (he tested those aswell), this was caused by median nerve damage through carpel tunnel syndrome.

I have been to the hospital today and need an operation to release the carpel a little but was told she doubted the muscle would come back but would still operate to stop it getting worse, I hate other people giving me injections but the operation needs doing with a local as it is a very short operation.

I,ll have to face my fear and have the injections in my hand (I will probably swear quite alot though ahahah

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
it won't BUT it may stop it getting any worse, there are dangers but there are always damgers in operations

and thankyou @MellitusTrap

Reactions: 2 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
letter came from the Hospital today the operation has been moved forward to Friday 15th January

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
The hospital phoned home at 3pm yesterday to say the operation has been cancelled probably until next week.

Fuming as work had arranged cover for me, I'm presuming it's because of the junior dr strike