muscle twitching?!

howie

hi guys,

i seem to keep getting muscle twitching, first in my bicep and a bit in my opposite shoulder (like once a day in certain positions). i assumed it was probably from playing tennis the previous 2 days but i woke up this morning and a muscle around my knee started twitching. it doesn't hurt and stops if i change the position of my leg or arm. i did wake with quote low BG this morning so it was probably low all night + i spent last night moving furniture and was finding it difficult to get my BG's up all night. + another thing i'm pretty anxious at the moment partly still getting use to being DB and also cos my girlfriend and i split up this last week.

worried people are gonna suggest i have ms or md, i couldn't get a docs appointment today for a change, rekon it could just be sport/anxiety related?

howie

lilibet

Dont worry about it I shouldnt think

Muscle twitching isnt necessarily a symptom of serious problem, esp in absence of other symptoms. Sometimes is just electrical impulses, though not sure of exact science However see Doc if you are worried - put your mind at rest

If you are not long diabetic (and isnt it a huge blow, and a PITA :? ) and you've split up with a girlfriend, its no wonder you are feeling rotten generally. Also, when you're health has been compromised, its only natural to start thinking you are vulnerable to lots of other things,especially when you have an autoimmune condition

What I would say though is you are doing well -great A1c. However, ifyou are having lows
check during the night and adjust your insulin/food if you are having lows.

howie

thanks for the advice, you're spot on with your assumptions lol.

i spent the weekend away visiting friends and really chilled out and had no more twitching! fingers crossed it stays that way.

thanks for the response,
howie

pricey59

hi i have been dieabetic type1 for 4 months and i have alot of muscle twitching i told my doctor and he put it down to my blood sugars

howie

hey, i'm about 4 months in too. no fun is it :( i've noticed twitching a few more times actually. i'm paranoid now, but apparently without weakness, pain or loss of feeling its nothing serious. probably stress induced. i got pretty good control on the BG's so i don't think its that. i had flu yesterday which somehow only left me with a cough today and feeling a bit achey. maybe it was leading up to that or something.

hope it disappears now,
howie