mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Lol ! Every single time I get a pain or an ache it seems Google tells me it's diabetes related !

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that, I was curious and have googled the same thing, I'm scared too now! Something else to mention to my doctor next week. Seriously, you might have just done me a favour because I have been putting off telling him about a few things and problems with my foot and ankle was one of them!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Better to get the ankle looked at by your gp, not all things are diabetes related so don't worry needlessly.

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Better to get the ankle looked at by your gp, not all things are diabetes related so don't worry needlessly.
Not according to Mr Google ! Everything is diabetes related ! ( only joking noble head, good advice )

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not according to Mr Google ! Everything is diabetes related ! ( only joking noble head, good advice )

The trouble is you could worry yourself stupid over the smallest of things, that said we all use Google :)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
The trouble is you could worry yourself stupid over the smallest of things, that said we all use Google :)
I have had shoulder pain for a couple of months now and am awaiting physio. When I Googled my symptoms, first result- cancer ! Unbelievable ! No wonder people get worried lol !

Kelsie

Where abouts on your ankle are you feeling pain? Medial, lateral, front, deep? Dull ache? Sharp pain? And did you roll on it or anything to initially cause the pain? I'm a sports therapist by the way :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Kelsie

Is there any swelling? And was there anything you did to initially cause the pain e.g trip or roll over the ankle? If there isn't anything you can associate it with and the pain continues then I would get your GP to check it out :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Geordie lass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I was diagnosed with T1 I was straight onto Dr Google to check this diabetes thing out as I knew nothing about the condition. Well, I freaked myself out so much that I vowed if I had any other symptoms I would NEVER seek medical advice from Dr Google! So last November I became unwell with weakness in all limbs (particularly on my right side) so called for a paramedic, who diagnosed me with the flu. Funny though as I never felt fluey or had any sort of head cold! Got better after a week, then in December the same symptoms returned, along with balance issues, coordination problems, headaches and "brain fog". So after vowing not to seek help from Dr Google (and I didn't!) I thought I'd best get a GP appointment. Was referred to the hospital immediately! Dr Google is very tempting when we have pains but I'm not going down that route again with any symptom. I thought my recent symptoms were diabetes related but when I was referred to a neurologist he didn't think so. He even poopood the paramedics for diagnosing the flu in November as he didn't think that was the case! He put my symptoms down to stress in the end. Funny though as I didn't feel particularly stressed at the time and my BS levels weren't particularly high either! Still having right sided weakness by the way but the neuro physio is sorting me out...7 months later! Stress is a funny thing isn't it!?

D

Deleted member 83869

I'm the world's worst for googling!! Ha! I think the internet is just out there to scare us with all there so called medical terms! Best bet is to go to the Doctors, it could actually be nothing and just a random odd pain! Maybe you walked funny? :) Try not to worry too much though