My BG levels

james122

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HIGH blood sugars!
Ok so recently I have posted a lot about how high blood sugars are affecting me so it was recommended to me that I post a days blood sugars.
Yesterday morning I woke up at 11mmol/l
So I corrected this and by breakfast I was 7.4 and miraculously after breakfast I turned out to be 5.7.
Before lunch I was 10.2 which got me quite angry, after lunch I was 6.1
My afternoon blood sugar was 8.9 so I corrected again and was 6.3 before dinner.
After dinner I turned out to be 7.2 and then before bed 9.4 which I had to also correct while I gave my basal insulin.
I woke up in the middle of the night to find that I was 12.3 after that I didn't get much sleep!

So as you can se these are yesterday's readings and I thought if anyone could see them and see what I was struggling with might be able to recommend something.
Thank you

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @james122 thats really interesting. Your levels don't look that bad - but I get that it's frustrating that they seem to be wanting to settle in the double figures.

If you are after some meaningful input, it might also help if you can set out what you were eating at each meal, how much insulin you were taking for your bolus and corrections, when and how much basal you take and also what you were up to yesterday (things like exercise & stress can impact on blood sugar).

I'm sure if you can add a bit more info people would be happy to help with some ideas of things to try.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your boluses are correcting your blood sugar immediately after meals but your blood sugar still keeps drifting upwards. The overall pattern indicates that your basal rate is too low. You should do a basal test or a few basal tests. Then once you have your basal completely right, you will most likely need to reduce your boluses, which at the moment appear to be compensating for the inadequate level of your basal.

That's what it looks like. But only proper basal testing will reveal whether it is true or not.

Reactions: 6 people