1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My chemist is USELESS!!!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by type1harley, Sep 7, 2014.

1. type1harley

type1harley Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So, my local surgery has a chemist next door and also a hole in the wall to connect them.
    Now all of a sudden, our chemist and surgery stop using the hole in the wall and now you have to do everything yourself.
    And now my chemist is now only giving me 1 box of strips instead of 2! I need to test my blood sugar up to 7 times a day on a schoolday.
    AND now my chemist never has my meds when I put in a prescription!

oh to be a diabetic teenager...

2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

You don't have to use that pharmacy. Could find a more helpful one.
    Get your parents to make a big fuss at the surgery. You have a right to receive the test strips you need.

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

One box of strips would only be enough for a week, ask your parents to ring the gp surgery up and ask why they have reduced your test strips and ask for them to be increased again (you should get at least 200),if they don't have any luck then they should ring your diabetes clinic up and speak with your DSN or Consultant, they will contact your gp surgery and get them to increase your test strip supplies.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. It's not the chemist who decides what's on your prescription but your surgery so you need to discuss the problem with them. You have a very good HBa1C probably due to very good control by you but I wonder whether you might be able to back off the number of tests per day just a bit without risking a hypo?

• Like Like x 4
  5. AlexMBrennan

AlexMBrennan Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yeah,and maybe also try if you could keep the same hba1c with less insulin? Obviously good hba1c means that you don't really need the meds.

[That was sarcasm btw]

• Like Like x 4
  6. type1harley

Sorry for late reply, but my appointment was yesterday and now my nurse is asking for them to give me more strips.

• Like Like x 4
  7. type1harley

Now I get 200 per month! Best turnout I could hope for!

• Like Like x 5
  8. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That's what I call a fantastic result Harley, well done.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook