My daughter.....?

Big piggy

Hello everyone, hope you can help?
My daughter, 25 years old, quite overweight and on thyroxine as a result of an overactive thyroid which was treated by radioactive iodine about 12/13 years ago, has actually been experiencing some very low blood sugar levels. She is NOT diabetic. Because I am, I randomly check all my family, 2 daughters and my wife and it's only recently that, as a result oof her lethargy, tremors, nausea etc I have checked more frequently and this past week her levels, without passing out, have been between 1.3 and 3.9.......!
Can anyone point me in the right direction, she will have an appt with her GP this coming week so any info prior to that would be very helpful indeed.
Thank you.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Big Piggy

Low thyroid hormone can cause hypoglycaemia. It may be that her thyroid medication needs adjustment.

Hope this helps

Regards

Doug

Big piggy

Hi Doug, really appreciate your input :D
That's very interesting actually as my daughter has only recently had a blood test and her GP has asked her to pop in for a 'Thyroxine' review!
That makes more sense than the route we were going down that was 'immune system' or 'adrenal adenoma'.
She is seeing her GP on Thursday so we will get a better picture then, we hope!
Thank you for your input
T :D

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hope all goes well with the GP and that your daughter's situation will be sorted out.

Regards

Doug

Big piggy

Well I'll be blowed, my daughter saw her GP and all is well :D

Well done Doug! Absolutely spot-on. GP identified the reason straight away and, yes, it's her Thyroxine levels that need adjusting.

10 minutes later, 'script in hand, off to pharmacy, sorted!

Once again, thank you, much appreciated.

T