My green smoothie

A

AnnieC

Made my first green smoothie and it was lovely I used kale, spinach, avocado, apple and coconut water.
I eat a lot of spinach and kale but could never quite imagine drinking them but I certainly will be now ..yummy

Reactions: 2 people

RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
Made my first green smoothie and it was lovely I used kale, spinach, avocado, apple and coconut water.
I eat a lot of spinach and kale but could never quite imagine drinking them but I certainly will be now ..yummy

Sounds great I'm up for trying this, my other half had a Super green smoothie out and about somewhere think it was Bills restaurant or something (probably loaded with sugar!)

Anyway do you have any amounts?

Thank you.

Rod.

sunshine84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just started green smoothies too! I thought I would hate them but really enjoying them for breakfast. I went for half an avocado, chunk of cucumber, bit of spinach, handful of raspberries, milled flax seeds and almond milk - lovely! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

AnnieC

Sounds great I'm up for trying this, my other half had a Super green smoothie out and about somewhere think it was Bills restaurant or something (probably loaded with sugar!)

Anyway do you have any amounts?

Thank you.

Rod.
Depends what you are going to make them in. I use a Ninja Nutri processor so I use the smaller bullet cup which is 400mls I put in a small handfull of both kale and spinach half a avocado about half an eating apple and then I put in about 100mls coconut water and this made a large glass full. I will try them with different stuff there is no limit really what you can use

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sounds nice! How many carbs did you count for this? Just out of curiosity :)

A

AnnieC

Sounds nice! How many carbs did you count for this? Just out of curiosity :)
Sorry I don't count carbs I just do moderate ones no sugar stuff pasta or rice but eat most vegetables. Someone else may know the carb count if you ask