My Morning Surprise

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to bed last night with a quite reasonable 7.2 BG, which is actually quite low for me at bedtime.
This morning I wake up with a BG of 14.9 and ketones of 0.5 :banghead:
No idea whats happened but think I definately need to revisit my overnight Basal testing ASAP.
I had a quite stressed end to my working day yesterday, could this have had such a delayed effect on my BG? I was also oncall for work so may have been thinking about this in my sleep and worrying about being called out.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Went to bed last night with a quite reasonable 7.2 BG, which is actually quite low for me at bedtime.
This morning I wake up with a BG of 14.9 and ketones of 0.5 :banghead:
No idea whats happened but think I definately need to revisit my overnight Basal testing ASAP.
I had a quite stressed end to my working day yesterday, could this have had such a delayed effect on my BG? I was also oncall for work so may have been thinking about this in my sleep and worrying about being called out.

Hi, I am not on a pump, but hopefully another pumper will be along to help and advise. It can happen to me if I have a higher carb meal, or a food I am not used to. Could be stress, that happens as well. With me, if I've had a shock, a big worry or been upset over something then mine shoots up.
I hope you can get it down to a good level real soon. RRB

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am not on a pump, but hopefully another pumper will be along to help and advise. It can happen to me if I have a higher carb meal, or a food I am not used to. Could be stress, that happens as well. With me, if I've had a shock, a big worry or been upset over something then mine shoots up.
I hope you can get it down to a good level real soon. RRB
Thanks @Robinredbreast
Stress is the only thing I can put it down to.
Due to test it again in about 10 minutes so hopefully it is going down a bit.

Reactions: 2 people