My Pump Tomorrow

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Great news picking up pump tomorrow as the DSN emailed early this morning to ask if I wanted it early to have a fiddle as long as I don't stick insulin in it till I see them on 24th bit of a stinker on that score. Oh well love a gadget and who said there's no father well a good DSN anyway .

Reactions: 5 people

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck
i'm off this afternoon for my first months review. its with the consultant to make sure i'm hitting my targets.

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Ooooh don't like consultants last one I saw said straight first meeting
"I'll decide whether to keep you on a pump" that was 12 years after good pumping haven't seen him since and refuse to and told the dsn's my actions might offend
You'll be fine good luck and keep us posted

Reactions: 4 people

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
my DSN will be there as well and she told me yesterday everything's looking good..lets hope so:)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good sounds like a decent DSN

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
How did you get on Caretaker with your meeting ?

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How did you get on Caretaker with your meeting ?
all went well i got a gold star much to my surprize but the consultant meeting is now going to be in June after i have had my blood test .
my DSN was happy with my basal test so no more all night testing for a while.:)

Reactions: 6 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well I've got the pump in the box with all the trimmings but it's at my brothers who collected it for me but isn't coming down till early tomorrow oh the joys of not being able to drive thanks to the big D.......

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I've got the pump in the box with all the trimmings but it's at my brothers who collected it for me but isn't coming down till early tomorrow oh the joys of not being able to drive thanks to the big D.......
I bet you cant wait. don't wear the battery out on the first day.:)

Reactions: 3 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I bet you cant wait. don't wear the battery out on the first day.:)
Don't tell me they only give you 1 battery to muck about with I'll be so disappointed

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just make sure you can phone up to place an order for spares. Normally I know for Accuchek you need an account number. Accuchek little AAA batteries come in a box of 3 so people are likely to het a back up of 2.
The only thing accuchek haven't got stock of at the moment as far as I am asare is the battery covers, but these supposedly last 6 months and they give 1 pack of 2 in their start up.

What pump are you starting on?

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't tell me they only give you 1 battery to muck about with I'll be so disappointed
i got 2 packs of 4 and 1 battery seems last 2 weeks.and the good thing is that i can order them with all my other pumps stuff 3 months worth at a time

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just make sure you can phone up to place an order for spares. Normally I know for Accuchek you need an account number. Accuchek little AAA batteries come in a box of 3 so people are likely to het a back up of 2.
The only thing accuchek haven't got stock of at the moment as far as I am asare is the battery covers, but these supposedly last 6 months and they give 1 pack of 2 in their start up.

What pump are you starting on?
Yeh got my pump in front of me looks brill haven't checked all the bits and bobs will do all all that after lunch. I've had an account number for years and the pump I've changed to is the accuchek insight.

iHs

Yeh got my pump in front of me looks brill haven't checked all the bits and bobs will do all all that after lunch. I've had an account number for years and the pump I've changed to is the accuchek insight.
Was yr old pump a Dtron?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes the old faithful for 15 years. Not the same one but a new one every 2 yrs. brilliant but basic

iHs

Yes the old faithful for 15 years. Not the same one but a new one every 2 yrs. brilliant but basic

Good luck with using the Insight as it has a lot more features such as the bolus wizard which the older pumps dont have. I hope you will be ok for a while using the 90 degree sets until Accuchek produce an Insight equivalent. Its a shame that the standard Luer connecting tube has been changedto using a black snap on connection. This will obviously make using another manufacturers infusion sets ......a no goer unfortunately.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well I've got it! The new pump and all I've done is take it out, put it back and take out etc etc you know the score. The packaging is great as you'd expect from Accu-check. It just looks to good to do anything with. They've sent it with 70cm length tubing not what I'm used to and it looks like you have to push the button to get the needle down "bit unusual" if I've read it right. I'm going to flick through the info tonight and try again tomorrow.

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It must be all a bit strange when you didn't get it at a clinic when they help you set it up.
i had a telephone directory type book that no one would every be bothered to read unless you really had too.So i use there internet site which are mush easier to follow.
give your self time..
now you have it. you have all the time in the world.
just like Loui. Armstrong . i think i've got the right one and not the one that walked on the moon
gogd luck.:)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It must be all a bit strange when you didn't get it at a clinic when they help you set it up.
i had a telephone directory type book that no one would every be bothered to read unless you really had too.So i use there internet site which are mush easier to follow.
give your self time..
now you have it. you have all the time in the world.
just like Loui. Armstrong . i think i've got the right one and not the one that walked on the moon
gogd luck.:)
I've got a training session next Friday morning for a couple of hours