My Pumps gone and broke

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Went to change the battery on my accuchek Insight pump as I've done before a few times and the hinge just come completely away, so phoned them and spoke to a lovely lady in America, why there and not the UK I don't know so new pump should be here Monday or Tuesday,

I think that's pretty good service, no quibble or anything but what I'm concerned with the battery compartment is a 2 handed operation and it's fairly fiddly I just don't know why they didn't make it simpler ?.

I will write an email about my concerns not that it'll change anything.

So I'm now on my old pump which had a few days left before it expires

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I must admit I've been on my old D-Tron pump a few hours now and I definitely prefer the old Tenderlink cannula as I can't feel a thing, with the Rapids I use on the Insight I can always feel them and especially if I lean against something "Ouch"

Agh the good old days

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe you can use the Tenderlink on the Insight? With an adapter? Do Accu Chek have anything similar?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
They were meant to be bringing the tenderlinks out in July! Is there still nothing?

The battery clips on insight could have been made a lot better.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
There's no news on the tenderlinks at mid August unless anyone's heard different? Must agree it's a really horrible battery cover

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's interesting to know as they advertise the Flexlink for the Insight.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Flex link was the first set available, then the rapid d's. The tender links were due for launch initially in July.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Had an interesting chat with various different people at accuchek about faults I've had with the website login, the Insight handset, the breakage of my pump and last but not least the Non appearance of the rumoured Tenderlink release date.

Website login: I've had no luck login into the pump members area on Accu-cheks site apparently their having a few glitches but I've tried to login on 4 gadgets in our household to no avail and they've not received any of the emails I've sent them so their tech team are going to look into it.

Handset so slow:
They said when switching the handset on if you hold the on off button down too long it can slow it down, so just a quick touch on/off apparently speeds it up. I'm not so sure on that one personally!!

Breakage of pump:
New pump is on way !! Brilliant news!!

Tenderlink:
There is no realease date at all at the moment they couldn't even give a rough estimate of a date. So that's a big let down in one respect.

So that's it at the moment as state of what's going on at least I'm getting a new pump quickly, the rests a bit disappointing.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Haven't you actually got accucheks email address to email them direct without going to their website?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Haven't you actually got accucheks email address to email them direct without going to their website?

Yes dd, I have and I've not had a reply, I've aired my views before ( only since on Insight) This time when I called I explained I had issues with the pump and handset and it was more of a complaint, this seemed to push me further up the pecking order and a better response.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sorry, the way I initially read it was that you were going to their website to contact them.. My fault didn't realise or read correctly-that you had emailed them...

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well it's just like Christmas again another new pump and handset with a selection of goodies arrived nice and early this morning now charging the handset battery up then hopefully I'll remember how to set the tricky thing up

On the emails etc they've say the account is all set up fine apparently it could by I need to use a different browser or alter my cookies settings, have to give that a whirl later.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Flex link was the first set available, then the rapid d's. The tender links were due for launch initially in July.

Cheers, looks like I got confused between these, so tenderlink is the angled insert ones with flex link the 90 degree ones.

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cheers, looks like I got confused between these, so tenderlink is the angled insert ones with flex link the 90 degree ones.

Yes..theyvare the plastic ones. The rapid d's the steel 90degree ones.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh I just don't believe it

I had a low battery warning go of this morning at 1.30

So I thought better replace it
and I spent the next two hours fiddling trying to get a battery to stay in. I broke another battery cap plastic thing off but this time as the screw cap hadn't engaged I was abler to get the flipping thing out.

I'm absolutely furious with firstly myself for not being able to see properly to carry out this procedure and secondly with Accuchek for making it so **** @#*$#* fiddly and user unfriendly.

The D-trons I used for donkey years were so simple, a large plastic red key and a notch in the battery cap " So so easy"

I've just got my Cannulas right ( another post ) and now this.

This can't just be me this must be causing some of you other users problems, I would like to know.