My sports

I particularly like walking and swimming. I find running and aerobics too strenuous and they can send my sugar levels plummeting but walking and swimming are good for me. If I have a good snack beforehand or go near dinner time when my insulin levels are low and have a light snack then this is very good for me. Swimming works all the muscles in the body but also the pool is nice and cool so this stops me getting too hot. Walking is more a sociable activity I find and I like gentle strolls or quite strenuous mountain walks depending on the mood 8)

For the lighter walks or short swims I would have about a 10gram snack such as orange juice, banana or nuts or something. For the longer walks and swims I tend to eat a 20 gram snack such as a sandwich or chocolate bar and peanuts. If I don't feel like eating at all I will down some lucozade or sugary pop and be on my way. I'll take some peanuts and glucose tablets for the rest of the journey. In the pool I just have glucose tablets in the locker which is nearby and I am ok with this as I have good warning signs.