My T1 Control is GONE!

Stephen89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Again Alot Of Things
Hey, had a scare today when my HBA1C was announced as 88.. never been so shocked in my whole life.. cant stop thinking about whats went wrong, i knew i had fallen off the ladder but not by this much and now im sitting here writing this thinking. Do i have the strength to concor this? Am i that strong.. my minds all over the place. Im supposed to be happy right now as im getting married next friday.. im at a brick wall..

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
After 23 years of diabetes you know that stress can raise your blood glucose right?

How are the wedding plans? Getting anxious at all?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Deep breath, don't beat yourself up, it can come good again, are you prepared to start now or wait until after your wedding ? Lots of support here so dive in when your ready. Urban has also raised a good point about stress, can you start by doing more frequent regular testing ?

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Stephen,

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift (that's why it's called "the present").

Your control was bad the last couple of months, but don't worry! Tomorrow is a blank page and you can achieve good control again soon. And then, your bad HbA1c will feel like ancient history. In the meantime, enjoy today!

You DO have the strength, and you're NOT alone. Diabetes is not a battle to fight but a balance to be found.

Remember that this doesn't reflect on you as a person, and that the last few months is not going to affect your health too much---just don't let things continue like this much longer.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
trouble is with being a type 1 you might get everything perfect and be pleased with yourself for a while and then it goes off the rails for no reason at all. I have recently, and now been put on Toujeo which seemed really good for a few weeks but now going off a little. Its hard and complicated to keep on track