My Type 2 Diabetes Has Been Cured By A 4 Year Old Little Girl !!!!!!

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Before I tell you the story, currently there is NOT a cure for type 2 diabetes. I have already shared this with some people, but thought the rest of the forum would enjoy it.

Couple weeks ago I was swimming laps and this little 4 year old girl was fascinated and watching was me. When I got out of the pool she asked me why I swim so much. Her mother was there and told her about me being a diabetic and she nodded her head, I told the little girl if do not swim I fill up with yucky stuff and feel bad, After I told her that she looked real concerned and promptly asked me to bow down. I did and she kissed mt on my forehead and informed that that she kissed it away !!!!!!!!

I am cured !!!! Well at least in the mind of a four year old little girl. That little girl did one thing she added some extra motivation to continue the fight and gave a different perspective ........

Thought people would appreciate the story

Last edited:

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
You told a 4 year old child you fill up with yucky stuff? Lol, you couldn’t say, I like swimming?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or you could have simply said that swimming is a great exercise which helps to keep us healthy?

I have found that swimming puts up my BGs so that explanation wouldn't work for me.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
You told a 4 year old child you fill up with yucky stuff? Lol, you couldn’t say, I like swimming?
Or he could just tell the rruth in the best way he thought a 4 year old would understand.
And the little girl tried to make him feel better in the same way her mommy would kiss away the pian if she had hurt herself.

Just because he didn't say what some others may have said does not make what he said wrong just shows how some people can be so judgmentel.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Or he could just tell the rruth in the best way he thought a 4 year old would understand.
And the little girl tried to make him feel better in the same way her mommy would kiss away the pian if she had hurt herself.

Just because he didn't say what some others may have said does not make what he said wrong just shows how some people can be so judgmentel.
So that story seems reasonable to you? Okie dokie

Reactions: KK123

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

What I was concerned about is what happens next time the little girl meets a diabetic person? Maybe a child at school who can't swim?
I tell my 3 year old grandson that my body can't use sugar in the same way that his can. No need for horror stories.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I tell you the story, currently there is NOT a cure for type 2 diabetes. I have already shared this with some people, but thought the rest of the forum would enjoy it.

Couple weeks ago I was swimming laps and this little 4 year old girl was fascinated and watching was me. When I got out of the pool she asked me why I swim so much. Her mother was there and told her about me being a diabetic and she nodded her head, I told the little girl if do not swim I fill up with yucky stuff and feel bad, After I told her that she looked real concerned and promptly asked me to bow down. I did and she kissed mt on my forehead and informed that that she kissed it away !!!!!!!!

I am cured !!!! Well at least in the mind of a four year old little girl. That little girl did one thing she added some extra motivation to continue the fight and gave a different perspective ........

Thought people would appreciate the story
Thank you for your story The little girl was very caring and I think that she had a good mum please keep up the swimming and your careful replies to curious children
Carol