Myfitness pal

pms543

I have just downlaoded the App on my samsung s5 to start using to watch my carb intake.

Just not sure what ratio to set re carbs, protein and fats - guess I want to low carb perhaps starting at around 60g a day

Anybody using this app already and can help? thanks

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

What I did was enter several days food into the app.
That gave me a baseline of what I had been doing.

Then I tweaked the ratios until I came up with a balance that I felt was sustainable.

One thing worth doing when you are dealing with my fitness pal - check that the foods you select from the database actually have the correct nutrients entered into them.

Most of the entries have been created by members of the public, and they often just put fat and calories into the fields. So make sure each entry you use has fat, protein and carbs entered - plus calories, if you want to track them too.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 4 people

Andy Aero

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I find it more useful to input your own intake rather than select from the database. If a product has a barcode then scan that and put it in, if you're making your own meal do it and save it to recipes for future use. It takes a while to get a good database built up for yourself but if you eat fairly regular meals (ie thurs night spag bol night) then it can work well.

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great app, Link it to Endemondo for your exercise, Also download Glucose Buddy to keep track of your BG readings.

Reactions: 2 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The app is good but they really should control the rubbish food data that some people load. It compromises the quality of the app. They should restrict the loading of the food data.