Nausea

hornplayer

I'm T2 on 2x1000mg Metformin daily. I eat very low carb.

Over the last week I have felt sick pretty much all the time. (No, I'm not pregnant!) I'm eating regularly, but I'm not eating very much, - as I feel sick, and i tend to feel more sick after I've eaten. I'm checking my blood sugar but that too seems to be bouncing around quite unpredictably, - 6 one minute, 9 or 10 the next. I eat very little carbs, so the swings don't make sense. I also appear to be losing weight way faster than is usual for me.

Any idea why I could be feeling so sick? I don't think it's down to my BG. I usually have to get to about 11 or 12 before I really start to feel I'll.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Sorry you are feeling ill. If it is bug or something your levels will probably go a bit crazy.

Do you have any means of testing for keytones? If you are feeling sick and losing weight more than usual that can be a sign of keytones and possibility of late onset type 1. Are you quite slim already and were your levels pretty high at diagnosis? Just a thought.

Keep checking your levels and if they keep getting higher consistently especially if you are still feeling sick it would be best to seek medical advice.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Angie