Nauseous & barely eating

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm so fed up, I'm trying my best but I feel nauseous from the second I open my eyes, haven't actually been sick but the feeling is strongly there all the time. No food is appealing to me at all, I'm forcing myself to eat but it's tiny portions and not often

I'm 6 +4, had an early scan today after awful ectopic in March they wanted to check me out early and everything was great, I thought it would spur me on to try harder with eating but I just cannot face anything, has anyone been in a similar boat? Just wanting advice if anyone has any please

Abbie xx

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I found eating little and often helped. I also founds carbs helped reduce the nausea. Toast, weetabix, mashed potato, crackers - they worked well. Salty things were good too eg crisps

Because my blood sugar was lowish I also chewed or sucked sweets and they helped with the nausea a fair bit.

All that sounds unhealthy but the nausea will go and you'll be able to eat more normally soon. For now, my advice is try to stick to things you can manage ok with. Most ladies find carbs most soothing, but obviously make sure your insulin covers them.

Hope you feel better soon - and great news about your scan :)

Reactions: 4 people

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations on the pregnancy!
I was really nauseous/sick too and in the end I went to the doctor as I just couldn't eat. My GP gave me antisickness pills which made the nausea more bearable (although I still felt rough). It might be worth considering seeing your GP depending on how bad you are feeling.
Despite the medication I also need to eat every two hours - small snacks and not big meals - or I would start to feel ill again. I also ate some more carby based foods to soothe my stomach.
Hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: 4 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks guys I've got a couple of days off work so going to concentrate on making my self eat a little every hour or 2,

I've tried phoning doctors this morning but not been able to get through yet so hopefully I get something to help when I do.

I'm only managing savoury foods, nothing about sweet things is appealing to me at all apart from nibbling on a ginger biscuit when I get up to try and ease the sickness a little.

Thanks for the tips :)

Reactions: 7 people
D

Deleted member 83869

@Mrsass I am exactly the same as you it's horrible isn't it! I am 8+5 weeks, havent had a scan yet though! My dietician told me to try flat diet ginger beer.......tried it and I hate it! So just having to lump the nausea. just glad I havent actually been sick yet! x

Reactions: 3 people

courtenayjane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Savoury. Savoury. Savoury. I had to eat little and often and steer clear of any strong smells. Also, don't have too much in the evenings, even if you think you can. So hard to be excited when you feel so awful all the time! Hang in there, I am 14 weeks now and suddenly back to "old me"

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Mrsass I am exactly the same as you it's horrible isn't it! I am 8+5 weeks, havent had a scan yet though! My dietician told me to try flat diet ginger beer.......tried it and I hate it! So just having to lump the nausea. just glad I havent actually been sick yet! x

Oh you're 2 weeks ahead of me :) I got some ginger chews in a pharmacy but they made me gag and nearly throw up in the car so they went straight in the bin. Me mam suggested ginger tea but I don't think I could drink that without gagging either! Xx

Savoury. Savoury. Savoury. I had to eat little and often and steer clear of any strong smells. Also, don't have too much in the evenings, even if you think you can. So hard to be excited when you feel so awful all the time! Hang in there, I am 14 weeks now and suddenly back to "old me"

Yeah smells are no good for me at the minute, coffee especially I've just had a little bowl of mash and it went down a treat so mash might be the way forward for me! Lol x

D

Deleted member 83869

Oh you're 2 weeks ahead of me :) I got some ginger chews in a pharmacy but they made me gag and nearly throw up in the car so they went straight in the bin. Me mam suggested ginger tea but I don't think I could drink that without gagging either! Xx

Yeah smells are no good for me at the minute, coffee especially I've just had a little bowl of mash and it went down a treat so mash might be the way forward for me! Lol x
I dont know what it is that I don't like about the diet ginger beer lol just dont like it ha! Think i will have to get some ginger nuts though!! How's your sugars and stuff? xxx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pretty low most of the time, was up twice last night with a 2.8 and a 3.1, constantly adjusting the basal on my pump but only doing it a bit at a time as I don't want to go in the opposite direction lol xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so fed up, I'm trying my best but I feel nauseous from the second I open my eyes, haven't actually been sick but the feeling is strongly there all the time. No food is appealing to me at all, I'm forcing myself to eat but it's tiny portions and not often

I'm 6 +4, had an early scan today after awful ectopic in March they wanted to check me out early and everything was great, I thought it would spur me on to try harder with eating but I just cannot face anything, has anyone been in a similar boat? Just wanting advice if anyone has any please

Abbie xx
Hey Abbie ,

Sorry your experiencing feeling nauseous , but oh wow I'm so so so happy for you this is amazing news .
Haven't got any advice just wanted to say a massive congratulations :) x

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Abbie ,

Sorry your experiencing feeling nauseous , but oh wow I'm so so so happy for you this is amazing news .
Haven't got any advice just wanted to say a massive congratulations :) x

Thanks Hun xx

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations I've not been on here for a while. Hope you feel better soon. Xxx

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mrsass Dont know if you are still feeling nauseaus (do t know if that is spelt right lol) but ask your gp for an anti sickness injection.

I had the sicky feeling for about 2 months then got that injection, after a couple of days I was back to being able to eat properly.

HUGE congratulations!!

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @vicjord xx

@MH2010 my doctor said there was no medication I could take but I may phone and ask about that injection, I'm still suffering, not quite as much as last week, I'm finding if I get up and carry on with my normal day as best as I can it eases through the day, eating better than I was but definitely not eating 'normally' lol X

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mrsass I will go see if I can get hold of my sister to get the name of the injection, she still gets them for migraines I think.

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My sister doesnt get them anymore but says the injection is called cyclizine.

Tell your doctor to get a grip!! If you are barely eating, its not doing you or bump any favours.