Need Help Understanding the Blood Test Results?

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
I have a huge raft of information from my last blood test ~ I kinda asked to have the "whole lot" done and it seems to have been done!

My problem (haven't had time to visit doctors these last few weeks as my kid's been ill) is that I now have a whole BUNCH of information, and whilst some of it is understood (the hba1c and cholesterol) a LOAD of it doesn't make sense without a doctorate!

Is anyone prepared to take a quick look at those numbers and advise if they're good/bad/indifferent/go to hospital ???

I will probably go back to doc's in a few weeks anyhow as the pains I have from taking statins still has not cleared :( so I need further advice then - SO this is not massively important - just thought I would ask :)

Cheers all and goodnight!

Jem xoxoxox

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
PM me by all means if you like Jem. I do so like to pretend I know a whole lot more than I actually do! :wink:

fergus

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
Fergus and Sue - I might well avail of your kind offers - probably best way would be to scan the darn list and email it to you :)

Sue I have your addy so as soon as I install the driver for the scanner it shall wend it's way ... Fergus, do you trust me? wellllll - do yaaa? lol ...

Thanks for the link TrinkW ... some of the info therein proved useful - am still scratching my head over what the "recommended result range" might be and where that info could be found :)

all the best and thanks for helping :)

Jem xoxoxox

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Jem,
On the print out of my blood test results it shows my reading, then to the right the range(I presume) into which it should come, my scanners not working at present so I will type one line as a example:

Sample acceptable range?
Serum creatinine 70 umol/L 62-106

Also at the bottom of the printout;
Actions NO
Annotations NO

Hope this helps

Graham

Jem

Dislikes
Heya Graham - unfortunately not there love - you had me worried for a moment, wondering if I had totally lost the plot!!!

The only one that had anything useful with is was "plasma creatinine levels" which reads:

66 umol/l / LOW and everything else on the page is purely my results, no comments or guidelines etc ... which I guess one could surmise means it's all ok LOL ...

cheers anyhow xxx

Trinkwasser

Jem said:
F
Thanks for the link TrinkW ... some of the info therein proved useful - am still scratching my head over what the "recommended result range" might be and where that info could be found :)

Jem xoxoxox

They don't always quote recommended ranges as this may differ between labs. Someone elsewhere had an A1c of 3.4 which we suspect is a VERY weird lab, they quote a range of 3 - 6 as "normal" whereas most labs don't go below the fours.

Jem

Dislikes
3.4 ... blimey ... that's odd ... must make appointment anyhow :)

xxx