Need some advise please

sullybear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi type 1 plus 30 odd years got brittle diabetes and lots of complications. Been workinh hard to lower my bg but not having sucess went to my endo appointment showed him all my results he said i was doing good with right it dwn i never realy looked after my diabetes until afew months ago i said i trying. To get more stable lower reading and he said i will never be stable andmy reading will always run in its teens i feel like i done all this for nothing

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hiya @sullybear Sorry to hear this is the feedback from your endo - that's not a very positive take on things. Are you due to see them again soon ? Personally I find when i'm presented with negative feedback I turn the tables on them and say - well what would you do in my shoes then ? There are members on here with brittle diabetes so hopefully someone should be along soon. Please don't let a comment like this get you down, the fact you are working on this to improve your readings is a big positive so keep focused and try to ignore the endo's comment.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @sullybear
welcome to the forum :)

I don't know what lifestyle and eating regime you have but one of the big changes that might help would be to cut back on carbohydrate intake -- there are many type 1's on here that do this and report on needing much less insulin and much less fluctuation in blood sugar levels.
is this something you would consider ??
if so it would be wise to discuss with your Diabetic nurse to sensibly adjust insulin reductions

all the best !

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Brittle diabetes will be difficult to control but your endo's comments weren't very helpful. Are you keeping the carbs down to minimise swings? Is your Basal insulin balanced? is your Bolus ratio as good as you can get it? You may well have large swings but at least they can be minimised?