Need some suggestings regarding baked beans.

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
One of my favourite breakfast plates currently looks like this:

Omlette (3 eggs, 1-3g carbs)
Cheese (~1g carbs)
3 x Bacon/1 x Gammon (0 carbs)
Baked Beans (10-20g carbs depending on portion size)

As you can see, the baked beans are letting the side down here. But what can I replace them with so the meal isn't too dry? Obviously I'm aiming for low-carb.

Thanks in advance.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Acron.

How do you feel about fried Tom's ? A 1/2 can of Asda Chopped Tom's is only 5.8g carbs as opposed to your beans around 16g carbs. There is as much juice as you want, and they taste nice. :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Grilled tomatoes? Fresh ones are superb at the moment.

I also make my scrambled eggs deliciously moist
2 eggs into a pyrex basin, beat with a fork, add a tablespoon or two of double cream and a knob of butter( plus any seasoning you like), beat again. put into microwave on full power. Watch through the door and when the egg starts to rise in the bowl, Take it out and keep beating again until it cooks in its own heat. Should have the lovely creamy texture you get in good hotels.

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
cugila said:
Hi Acron.

How do you feel about fried Tom's ? A 1/2 can of Asda Chopped Tom's is only 5.8g carbs as opposed to your beans around 16g carbs. There is as much juice as you want, and they taste nice. :D

Ken! Tomatoes! Of course! I'll give this a go actually.

Also, just noticed you're in Sutton Coldfield! I'm a Wolverhampton kid, living in Leamington Spa now. Stone's throw ;)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I think the only way to eat a McDonalds is to throw away the bun and the fries of course!! :D
A quarter pounder is 37gm of carbs. 4 oz Cheeseburger is 33gm. double quarter pounder with cheese is 40 carbs.